Here at Harmony Recovery Center, we offer a range of mental health and addiction treatment programs. While we want everyone to know about all these options, today we are going to discuss outpatient rehab with you.
Defining Outpatient Drug and Mental Health Rehab
During outpatient drug rehab, our patients will stay in their home or in a sober living community. They will, then, travel to our facility for treatments during daytime hours. The exact amount of hours a person will receive does depend on their treatment plan, the support they need, and additional structure that should be added to their day. One of the many great things about outpatient drug rehab is that it allows patients a lot more freedom than they would get while attending an inpatient rehab program.
Generally, our patients come to the outpatient rehab program after finishing a detox facility program. This is when they get clean or substance-free. While attending outpatient rehab, our patients are generally attending treatment between 1 to 9 hours during the day.
Within these sessions, they are attending group therapy, individual therapy, art therapy, yoga and other treatment options. Each person has a case manager that can help them get referrals needed for other outpatient services such as chiropractic, physical therapy, doctors, acupuncture and govenrnment assistance programs. Once treatment is over for the day, our patients can go back to where they are staying and live out their recovery and what they have learned. They will come back the following day for treatment.
There are various types of outpatient rehab including:
- Standard outpatient rehab programs (generally meet 1 to 2 hours daily for group therapy and other rehab services and have a 1 hour individual therapy session per week)
- Intensive outpatient rehab programs (generally meet 3 hours per day for group therapy and other rehab services and have a 1 hour individual therapy session per week)
- Partial hospitalization rehab programs (generally meet 6 to 8 hours per day for group therapy and other rehab services and have a 1 hour individual therapy session per week)
If you want to know more about each of these treatment options, feel free to reach out to our Harmony Recovery Center team today. We look forward to hearing from you.
Who Should Attend Outpatient Rehab Programs
There are millions of people who attend outpatient addiction and mental health rehab programs around the world. How are you supposed to know if an outpatient program is best for you? Well, some of the situations in which you may want to choose outpatient rehab include:
- Needing a less expensive treatment option
- Are in early stages of your addiction or mental health situation
- Have responsibilities you must attend to
- Need aftercare help following an inpatient treatment program stay
- Need more support to help you prevent a relapse
- Need to be more flexible with your treatment options
Do you fit into any of these situations? If so, reach out to our Harmony Recovery Center team today to get the outpatient treatment you need.
Top Outpatient Rehab Benefits
Whenever you are attending any type of addiction or mental health rehab treatment program, there are going to be benefits. The exact benefits you could receive depend on the type of treatment program you are attending.
Are you considering going to an outpatient rehab here at Harmony Recovery Center? If so, some of the numerous benefits that you can receive include:
- Affordability (outpatient rehab is generally much less expensive than inpatient treatment options)
- More amenities and resources available to you (in the treatment center and in the community)
- Flexible treatment options (you can customize your treatments around your schedule)
- Continue seeing your family (while some inpatient treatment programs allow for family time, you can see your loved ones much more when attending an outpatient treatment program)
- Keep working (when you have the opportunity to be flexible with your treatment center scheduling hours, you can also keep working on your off-treatment hours)
Do you like the sound of these benefits? If so, our team would really like to hear from you today. We have a feeling that you could truly benefit from this treatment option or a number of our other treatment options.
Downsides of Outpatient Drug Rehab and Mental Health Treatment Programs
In addition to the benefits, just like with anything else, there may be some downsides to attending an outpatient drug or mental health treatment program, too. Some of these disadvantages that you may find with outpatient treatment include:
- More distractions (when you are at home or in the community there are more people and things that can distract you from your recovery)
- Higher chance of relapsing (being that you aren’t staying in our inpatient treatment facility, you have more options and opportunities to relapse)
- Less access to clinical and medical support (if you were attending an inpatient treatment program there would be doctors and other medical professionals on-site)
- Not able to receive 24/7 help (being that you only attend treatment for hours each week, you don’t have access to support 24/7 like you would during an inpatient treatment program
If you feel that these downsides would cause you to relapse or reduce your chances of being successful in recovery, don’t worry. Here at Harmony Recovery Center, we have many other treatment options that might be a great fit for you, as well.
Things to Consider When Finding an Outpatient Drug or Mental Health Rehab Facility
Have you decided that outpatient rehab is the right choice for you? If so, it is vital that you choose the best outpatient drug or mental health treatment program in your situation. Some of the things that you may want to consider include:
- The intensity of the program (standard outpatient, intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization, etc.)
- Specialties in the drug of your choice (ex. Do they treat cocaine addiction?)
- Accepting of your insurance (rehab treatments can be expensive, so it is usually best if you find a rehab program that will take your insurance)
- Available treatment options (you want to make sure the treatment providers don’t have too many clients that they can’t make time for you – here at Harmony Recovery Center we make sure that each one of our patients gets the treatment and attention they need to have the most successful recovery possible)
Do you have more questions about the type of outpatient rehab that would be best for you? Do you want to know more about any concerns that you are having at this point in time? If this is the case, now would be an excellent time to give our Harmony Recovery Center team a call. We will be happy to set you up with one of our advisors who can go through all this information with you.
Get Into an Outpatient Drug Rehab or Mental Health Treatment Program Today
There are so many options when it comes to recovering from an addiction or mental health disorder. If you are looking for an outpatient drug rehab or mental health treatment program, look no further than right here at Harmony Recovery Center.
Contact us today to get into an outpatient drug rehab or mental health treatment program today.