Do I Even Need Drug Rehab in Charlotte?
It’s reasonably to assume you landed on this page by searching for drug rehab in Charlotte, or something very similar. Chances are you are either worried about a friend or loved one or you feel like you may need help yourself. Whatever the case may be, take a deep breath. We’re glad you’re here and we are going to help you figure this out. First, we’ll break things down depending on if you need drug rehab in Charlotte or someone you care about does. We’ll give you some tips for both scenarios. After that, we’ll take a look at what makes drug rehab in Charlotte NC a great choice for building a strong foundation for lifelong recovery.
Drug Rehab in Charlotte for a Friend or Loved One
Watching someone you care about spiral out of control on drugs is one of the most painful experiences you can go through. It is easy to feel lost, powerless and helpless. Being in addiction yourself is a lot like that, but when it’s someone else you don’t even have the small bit of control that free will might provide. You can’t make someone else want recovery and it’s really wanting to get sober that matters. Willingness is one of the most important markers for success in recovery. Don’t let that discourage you though. Here are some tips to help you steer your friend or loved one towards Drug rehab in Charlotte:
- Listen – An addicted person often feels unseen, unheard and misunderstood. Make sure you listen to them at least as much as you talk.
- Love – You know you love this person, but if you come at them upset and angry, they may not see the love and they’ll get defensive. Tell them you love them. Show them you care.
- Avoid Codependency – Don’t lose sight of your own needs in trying to help the person. Do all you can within reason but accept your own limitations. Acceptance is key.
- Empower – Avoid enabling the person. Empower them instead. Never give them money they could use for drugs. But give them all the help you can to get into drug rehab in Charlotte.
- Plan – It’s important to have a plan. You never know when that person will decide to accept the help you’ve offered. You want to have a place for them to go and a plan to get them there
Drug Rehab in Charlotte for You
If you’re looking for treatment for yourself that’s great! The toughest part of early recovery, believe it or not, is admitting there is a problem in the first place. If you are looking for treatment, it means you know you need help and on some level you are willing to get it. That’s a big deal! Charlotte, NC is a great place to begin your recovery. Whether you live in North Carolina or another part of the country you will find there is excellent drug treatment and a thriving recovery community here. Harmony Recovery Center is a proud member of the Harmony Recovery Group family. As such, we provide top-notch evidence-based care. What this means in a nutshell is, we focus our program on methods of treatment that are proven effective by study and scientific research.
We know your time is valuable and you’ve gone through a lot to get here. We want to make sure your recovery grows and flourishes long after you leave our program. Beginning treatment here is easy. If you’re not sure yet, give us a call at (704) 970-4108. There is no pressure here. We’re happy to answer your questions about the program and recovery in general. We will do everything we can to make your comfortable and see you succeed. All you need to do is take the first step and pick up the phone. We’ve got it from there.
Recovery really is a miracle and North Carolina is a wonderful place to begin yours. Harmony Recovery Center has the dual diagnosis care you need to forge recovery that will stand the test of time. Recovery can be hard work, but we’ll keep you comfy and safe in our great sober housing at Houses of Harmony. If you are working on getting a friend or family member into a drug rehab in Charlotte, we can help with information and advice. We can even help you stage an intervention if you want. Give Harmony Recovery Center a call at (704) 970-4108 and we’ll start down this road together. You can do this!